PDA

View Full Version : Top-off system info FYI

vessxpress1
03/19/2006, 02:01 PM
I'm basically posting this for anyone else who might be interested. I've been investigating auto top-off options all day. I've gotten quite an education in a short period of time. I ended up finding Melevs reef site which had a lot of good info and from there, there was a link for where he bought his float valves from so I clicked it. It took me to aquahub.com. I've saved it to my favorites. They sell kits and have a lot of good info. Such as, I didn't realize that the switches are susceptible to failing in the on position from a possible sudden power surge when toggling on and off caused by the pump. This website explains the value in using a relay. I've done some electrical work. I'm not electrician by any means. The information may look intimidating at first but if you take the time to look it over well, it's very well described with lots of pics, and very simple. I'm going with their system once I set up my sump in the basement. I hope someone finds it as informative as I did. They sell everything you need to do it in a correct, safe, manner. I'm hoping to have a continual, completely automated top-off system in the near future. This is the first day I've felt confident enough about what I'm doing. Meaning, I actually figured out how to do it.

cristhiam
03/19/2006, 07:09 PM
I got mine from www.autotopoff.com very happy with it. I got the double switch one. They seem to use the same switches