PDA

View Full Version : Best way to assemble egg crate?

Mark NJ
03/19/2006, 02:14 PM
Anyone want to share how they assemble or glue the eggcrate pieces? Ive tried super glue (gel) and silicone caulk. It falls apart every time. If anyone has any tips or pics of your egg crate/ frag setup, it would benefit some of us newbie fraggers. Thanks, Mark

Double-J
03/19/2006, 02:18 PM
drill holes in PVC and attach them to the eggcrate via zipties. I've tried caulk and didn't work for me either.

Marineco
03/19/2006, 02:34 PM
tiny tool good one. But there maybe a better way it takes up a lot of time its by cutting the egg create and slotting them togeather like an x if you get my drift. this makes it much more stable if you are planning to use nice heavy rocks ha ha.

James

Mark NJ
03/19/2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the response. I will try both methods and see how it goes. I was also considering buying a few scraps of polymer cutting board material and cut some pieces like stair risers as end and center supports. Then wire or (try to glue) the egg crate to them. I bought some 1/2 inch sheets of this for a sump cover. Great stuff. You can cut it router and drill it easier than wood. Only thing is I dont know if it will glue any better than egg crate.
I'll give it a try though. http://thecuttingboardfactory.com. Thanks again, Mark

Kinetic
03/20/2006, 12:34 PM
Drill two holes in a pvc pipe, cut to fit, and use zip ties. Then make sure you cap both ends.

ftnirishfan
03/20/2006, 08:32 PM
PVC glue attaches eggcrate to itself great, no need for pvc.

Mark NJ
03/21/2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try the pvc glue. Thanks

Chad Vossen
03/22/2006, 09:00 PM
i used pro weld, it works on acrylic like pvc glue on pvc pipes. well i found out it works on other plastics just as well, and it took me about 15 seconds on eggcrate and it held. 24 hours latter it wouldnt seperate, and the eggcrate actualy broke before the joint was broken.