PDA

View Full Version : 20 gallon tank

clownfish John
03/19/2006, 08:37 PM
Hello,
I have two small Percula tank raised clownfish in a 20 gallon tank. Does anyone have suggestion as to what I can add to the tank? I plan to wait a great while before I do add more fish. I would like something colorful but nonaggresive and relatively small. Thanks
Clownfish John

ChunksInClemson
03/19/2006, 08:51 PM
There aren't too many options here. I would say only one more fish at the most. How much LR do you have? If this is your first time at a marine tank, then I'll have to tell ya that this is a lot different in every aspect. Marine fish require about 3 or 4 times as much space in a SW tank than FW. I would suggest reading and researching a lot before starting this tank. I have had a 20g for about 5 years so if you have anymore questions, I would be glad to try and answer them.

rjwilson37
03/19/2006, 09:08 PM
How long have you had this tank setup with your clowns, how much LR, what is your filtration method, are you using a skimmer and do you plan on adding corals or is this a Fish Only setup?

Swanwillow
03/19/2006, 09:30 PM
yup-what he said ;)

I'd go with a ok to one more fish-check out liveaquaria's nano fish area; those are actually REALLY good fish for your size tank, and the addition of ONE wouldn't be too much, IMO, as long as you can keep up on water changes, even with poor filtration systems

Dastank
03/19/2006, 10:24 PM
IMO less is better. The more fish you add the more effort it is to maitain water quality.

MBuck
03/19/2006, 11:24 PM
[welcome]

Try a goby or blenny of some sort, they stay on the bottom of the tank, generally....or perhaps a chromis, they are relatively peaceful, and would not bother your clowns...

The above posters are correct...I started with a 20g long, killed two clowns and a chromis before I decided I needed a bigger tank..

I bought a 58 g cube, and am setting up a 125g predator tank.....

Have had no deaths other than a crab.....

Good Luck, and ask ALOT of questions!!

markandkristen
03/19/2006, 11:30 PM
another good i dea is to chck reefclubs that are close to you. if someone is tearing down their tank and looking to sell livestock then your one step further. you dont even have to quarantine them. that is my goal on my 90. i am looking for local people looking to sell. its cheaper and thier usually hardier