PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP!!! I have a leaker.?.?.?

reefer2006
03/20/2006, 05:43 AM
My tank suddenly started to drip water from be underneath the outside edge between the bottom of the tank and the top of the stand. It is a very slow drip but it is constant.

My first thought was that the water was coming from an overflow on one of my filters, I have had that happen before. However, I have been monitoring the filters and none of them have been leaking but I continue to loose water. I have looked underneath the tank and moved my sand around onthe inside of the tank and looked at the edges around the seals and I can't find any visible signs of what could be causing the leak.

What can I do? PLEASE HELP!!!

rustybucket145
03/20/2006, 07:26 AM
A 40gal that I use to have started leaking one day.... When I woke up one morning there was a small puddle in front of the tank... Thought I would just top it off and fix the tank when I got home from work.... Got home from work.... Tank was empty.... Entire glass had separated and dumped about 40lbs of Aragonite on my floor.... Along with..... 70gal of saltwater..... My sunroom has never smelled the same..... Good Luck

mille239
03/20/2006, 08:47 AM
Reefer: very sorry to hear about your leak.... I had the EXACT same thing happen to me no visible leaks, but dripping from the bottom seam. If very slow, it may seal off with salt-creep on it's own, but I would not wait more than a few days for this to occur, unfortunately there is no way to fix it other than draining. believe me, I feel your pain, having gone through the same thing.

Rustybucket145: that is every reefers nightmare. I am glad you persisted through and are still in the hobby!

trippyl
03/20/2006, 10:04 AM
Just check the perimeter of the tank and ensure that the leak isnt coming from a bulkhead or dripping from the top frame somewhere.

Usually when I see salt creep on the bottom ends of my tank, I know that my bulkheads are loose. They drop very slowly around the back, and the bottom frame of the tank in the front is where the salt creep develops.