PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Juice

JackRent
03/20/2006, 05:24 PM
I just got my first shipment of Joe's Juice. I ordered a 20 ml bottle and they gave me free shipping and a second bottle for free. The stuff is very cool. Two of my larger Aiptasia melted before my eyes !!!! If you haven't check it out !!!

T1adler
03/20/2006, 06:49 PM
Garf.org has recipe under the heading pests that is a combination of pickling lime and water which is applied with syringe. Seemed quite effective for me and I has able to use it the same day I determined there was a problem.

Tim

SaltyDogg
03/22/2006, 07:28 AM
I have used Joe's Juice as well with great sucess. I had used other methods in the past with so so success.:)

smtarr
03/22/2006, 08:06 AM
I used concentrated kalkwasser made into a paste with salt water, worked like a charm, I too, watched as the aip melted before my eyes. 'Course I only had one little aip. Kalkwasser has the added advantage of being safe and my fish all kept well away from the white mess. The whole thing was gone in a couple of days, never to return. Sue

JackRent
03/22/2006, 08:47 AM
Joe's Juice is said to be reef safe. I nuked about 6 or 7 good size Aiptasia with no ill side effects.

T1adler
03/22/2006, 08:55 AM
I believe pickling lime(calcium hydroxide) and kalkwasser are one in the same.

I bought 1 lb. @ walmart for about $1.50.

Tim