PDA

View Full Version : Placment of UV?

reefgeek84
03/20/2006, 05:46 PM
Ok, this is not a debate thread of why I should or should not go with a UV. I have one and I am going to put it on and use. My question is...Where is the best place to put it? I was thinking about having in line before the water goes to the sump? or should I put in line after my sump, before the water goes into the tank.

Let me know...ideas and where people put them.

Thanks guys.

PiNaPLeX
03/20/2006, 05:59 PM
reefgeek,

i'm with you on this one, I'm putting in a UV also, so i'm gonna tag along on this thread.

reefgeek84
03/20/2006, 06:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7000184#post7000184 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PiNaPLeX
reefgeek,

i'm with you on this one, I'm putting in a UV also, so i'm gonna tag along on this thread.

Sweet the more the merrier. :rollface:

Bryan89
03/20/2006, 11:12 PM
I placed my 120W UV vertically directly downstream of my return pump, just prior to the return to the tank. I plumbed the UV with inlet and outlet valves and a bypass valve to allow adjustment of flowrates if needed (it wasn't). This also allows me to completely take my UV out of the system and drain it to repair if needed.

Essentially, my system is a rubbermaid sump to a dart to the UV to the tank.

Also, make sure you either get a wiper option on your UV or set it up to allow removal of the quartz sleeve to clean the sleeve.

HTH

Bryan