PDA

View Full Version : Return pump question

xlayedoutx
03/20/2006, 06:59 PM
I'm still new and trying to plan out everything to buy. What would you guys recommend for a return pump on my 75 gal. I'm not sure if you guys are going to need any more info from me to point me in the right direction but if you do just ask. Also if you guys happen to know. What wattages do the return pumps run at. My LFS priced everything out for me but i'm buying everything onw step at a time. When I asked him the wattage question he told me the return pump he was going to sell me would be around a 50 watt but I didn't as a brand yet. Does that seem wrong to you guys. Just trying to figure out the pg&e bill at the same time.

bassnman11
03/20/2006, 07:07 PM
The wattage depends on the size and make of pump. Check out www.foster & smith.com. They sell a variety of popular pumps and list the wattage of each. It also depends if you want to run the pump dry or in the sump. You don't need a huge circulation through your sump, use a closed loop or power heads for big flow.

xlayedoutx
03/20/2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the reply man. I'm leaning towards running it in the sump. But I'm really not that sure on it yet. Would one run cooler over the other. Is there a huge difference in wattage and price.