PDA

View Full Version : Free To Good Home

TitansFan
03/20/2006, 08:17 PM
I have finally convinced the wife to let me give him away. We bought "blizzard" a green manderin from Fins at the beginning of this year. I have been feeding him blood worms soaked in vita-chem using the melvin method. I knew when I got him I couldn't keep him even though he is eating bloodworms. I was abit selfish in the purchase of him as he allowed the wife to become more interested in this hobby. I want to add a couple of wrasses to my new tank which would not suit him. Also, she is now convinced that my small tank is just not fair for him. If you have the proper home for him I am willing to meet you some where. As stated he is eating frozen food.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/TitanFan76/Reef%20Tank/blizzard2.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/TitanFan76/Reef%20Tank/blizzard1.jpg

Mikeyjer
03/20/2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear you have to give blizzard away! I have one and they're very kewl fish. I hope you find a good home for him, if I didn't have mine, I would of took him in. We wanted one for a long long time until we bought "Lucy". Good Luck in finding him a new home!!!

rcmike
03/20/2006, 08:56 PM
I would take it. I have been thinking of getting another one for a while. Especially since I have read they may eat AEFWs. I had a pair that would spawn regularly but I lost them a couple of years ago when I got a bad bucket of salt. Are you going to the meeting next week?

danieljames
03/20/2006, 09:00 PM
If mike doesn't take it, i know mel over in the east forum has been wanting one.

TitansFan
03/20/2006, 09:12 PM
Michael: Yes, I plan on being at the Cincinnati Chili Meeting. :)
I can bring him with me if you like? Which tank are you going to put him in?

danieljames: I would love to help mel out. I love my evil mel zoas! :) But she is in Knoxville...

TitansFan
03/20/2006, 09:20 PM
Wow lottsa michaels.

Mikeyjer: Very strange coincidence. When the wife decides Blizzzard can finally goto a better home.. its at the same time we lost our favorite cat... :( A pixie-bob that my wife raised on a bottle from a week old. She was working at a vet clinic at the time and took in the motherless litter. Lucy was 5 years old.
RIP Lucy.

rcmike
03/20/2006, 09:32 PM
I was thinking of the 110. It is well established and full of LR. I have 3 tanks plumbed together for about 200 gal. total volume. I could also put him in with the seahorses, especially if he will eat mysis. Sure, if you want to bring him with you that would work.

Sorry to hear about your cat. I know that can be hard, we lost our two dogs within a couple of weeks last fall. I still find myself looking for them when I go outside sometimes.

TitansFan
03/20/2006, 10:04 PM
Sounds like a good home for him. I will bring him with me and thanks for the condolences.

-Chris

rcmike
03/20/2006, 10:13 PM
Thank you! I have been considering getting one for a few weeks. I was actually planning on getting one this weekend if I could find a healthy one. Good timing I guess. :lol:

Mdwannabe
03/21/2006, 04:04 PM
As the meeting is at my house, I would be more than happy to let him go into my tank for holding. As it's a 180, it might be a while before we catch him. :D

Rick

Did I mention it was my birthday last week?

TitansFan
03/21/2006, 07:05 PM
LoL Rick! I was trying to figure out how to keep him happy for the duration of the meeting. He will have a 45 min drive to your house then his ride home to Dickson. It would have worked out great giving him to you. A 180 is the kind of home I want him to have. Mike did ask first and sounds to have a system able to keep him happy. I am concerned though about his move to Dickson. Given the driving and wait for the meeting. Maybe someone has a recomedation... Only way i can figure is to bring him in a cooler with a heater. Then bag him for his ride to Dickson. As far as catching him... Its as easy as putting in a jar filled with bloodworms. ;)
I look forward to seeing your reef.

gflat65
03/21/2006, 08:24 PM
Just bag him and put him in a cooler. All fish are shipped overnight at some point (unless they are captive raised), so a few hours should not be a problem. You could do the water in a cooler and bag later trick, but I don't think there'll be any problems.

Mdwannabe
03/22/2006, 03:21 PM
In a bag full of water and we can float him in my fuge during the meeting, he will be fine.