PDA

View Full Version : Wrasse tail problems

Matrexz
03/21/2006, 11:49 AM
Ok I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my 8-line wrasse's tail. The tip of it is looking black and is torn....is it from possible fighting or bacteria, or a parasite? I'm not sure what it could and what the best way of treating it would be either. I've had this fish since January and got it at ART has been fine and still acts fine...the tail just started looking bad within the past week. Thanks
Nick

Matrexz
03/21/2006, 12:10 PM
After looking at it closely not sure of the color of the tip of his tail...whether it is black or a dark blue.....Just not sure if this is normal and want to take precautions in case it is bacteria or a parasite.....I looked over my other fish and they look perfectly normal.

dugg
03/21/2006, 02:44 PM
Sounds more like he has an issue with getting along with others to me. What are his tank mates? If you haven't noticed any fighting, do you have any brittle or searpent stars? Have you seen him fanning the sand , or had sand floating around that you didn't know where it came from?

Matrexz
03/21/2006, 08:44 PM
Not sure if he hasn't or has really I don't get much time to sit and watch the tank. He only has 4 other inhabitants: 2 pink skunks, scopas tang and an engineer goby.