PDA

View Full Version : PRT news!

H.crispa
03/21/2006, 04:06 PM
Well folks, after much deliberation, we are definitely pulling the plug on Project Reeftank. At least in its present location. The reasons are many but here is the Reader's Digest version:

1. Disagreements with the management over terms of the tank.
2. No one in the club speaks Mandarin Chineese!
3. The Californian has changed hands again and the new owner is not the easiest person to deal with and he thought he owned all the aquariums and all the contents. When it comes to PRT, all he owns is the glass box.
4. It is impossible of late, to actually get into the restaurant to do maintenance. Last time I looked throught the back window, the water was down by about 10 gallons from evaporation and I can't get in there to do anything about it!

Bottom line is, it just ain't workin' out!

Here is the plan:

ASAP, I will remove all CVRC property from the tank including the livestock and store it temporarily wherever I can while I work on the new setup! I will leave behind the glass box and sever all ties to the CA. Needless to say, finding a new place to meet is now a big priority. Please DO NOT DISCUSS IT HERE! Start a new thread please.

Where is the new venue for the tank???? Peoples' Federal Credit Union in Nitro, WV. No strings, No B.S. We provide the tank etc, JoMars provides the salt, and PFCU provides the real estate and the electricity.

Now we need a glass box and a stand. Anyone out there have a 55 to 75 gallon they are not using and would like to donate to the cause???

firefish2020
03/26/2006, 07:48 PM
I don't have one Jason but if I did I would donate it.

<b>
Someone out there has to have an old tank and/or stand they can donate to become the new PRT.

For those not familiar with PRT, it is a club project, a reef tank that is 100% built and maintained from donations of material and time from club members. If you have a tank or stand and are interested in helping out here please contact Jason or respond here.</b>

nodwell
03/27/2006, 05:17 AM
I don't have a tank or stand but would be willing to donate $$ to help purchase one.

Don

firefish2020
03/27/2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks Don, we're still trying to find a used one that nobody wants anymore but thats a viable option as well, some of us could donate a few buck here and there to get one if no one volunteers a used one.

Thanks for the support,
Ron

jmccown
03/27/2006, 10:46 AM
I have a 55g tank that is in mint condition that I would be willing to trade to some live rock if anyone has any available. If someone has some rock they intended to donate maybe we could do a 3 way trade. I have been weighing on selling this and would love to give it away free, but I seem to have empty pockets as of lately in my efforts to get my 150g reef going. Live rock would help me out tremendously and the tank would be good for the club. Just an idea. If anyone is interested just shoot me a PM or reply to this.

Thanks,
Jason

wvdaisy
03/27/2006, 02:20 PM
Brian and I have a 55 gallon tank w/oak trim and an oak veneer stand(or just the tank if that's all that's needed). We have no room to set it up so it's been in storage for years. The tank is in excellent condition will have to check the stand over and make sure it's good to use in the bank. The only problem I can think of is the stand is open bottom without doors. The club is welcome to use it for however long but we would want it back if the tank was ever broke down. We donated live rock, sand, corals and such to the tank at the CA which should just go into the new tank if possible. Let us know if it's needed and we can probably get it cleaned up and delivered wherever this weekend.

Lana

H.crispa
03/27/2006, 03:13 PM
That sounds great Lana. I can make some doors and pannel it in if you don't mind and of course, all donations to the project may be re-acquired by their contributor any time. That does come with one caveat-- if you donate a damsel or other fish, I'm not tearing down the whole tank just to get the bugger out. And of course, if the whole thing goes belly-up, everyone come and get their stuff if they want it.

The Credit Union is very excited to have our beautiful reef tank and I have high hopes that this one will work out. The only thing they ask is that if it does not work out for some reason, we come and get the tank. Frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

H.crispa
03/27/2006, 03:13 PM
Now all we have to do is get into the CA to get our stuff back.

nodwell
03/27/2006, 04:37 PM
Is there anything else needed? Pumps, timers, wavemakers ect.
Would like to help out if I can.

Don

H.crispa
03/27/2006, 09:56 PM
always

wvdaisy
03/27/2006, 10:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7053000#post7053000 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by H.crispa
That sounds great Lana. I can make some doors and pannel it in if you don't mind

That's no problem but it's one of the cheapy stands with the oak veneer so I don't know how easy it will be to match. When do you want it?

Lana