PDA

View Full Version : fluval not pumping water

Swanwillow
03/21/2006, 05:34 PM
so, new fluval... everythings there that I need (ok, almost new-used 2 months, and doesn't look like it)

primed, plugged, and... nothing. now water coming through the out.
any ideas? at first, the propeller was making funny noises, so I took that apart, its not spinning easily at a certain part: is that affecting it, or is that normal?

any ideas, help is appreciated

Entropy
03/22/2006, 11:13 AM
How do you have it setup? The Fluval canister itself has to be below the water line of the tank or sump IME for it to work. Can you shoot a pic of your setup?

MikeSk
03/22/2006, 11:18 AM
Is the blue latch down where it attaches to the canister? This allows water to flow down to the canister and allows it to be primed. When priming doing bubbles come out? Do you hear the pump working inside?

Entropy
03/22/2006, 12:53 PM
The easiest way to see if the canister is flowing is to put the intake in the main tank, and the output in the sump. It will flow with or without the pump working if you start the syphon. That will reduce the problem down to either an air leak, or the motor.

Swanwillow
03/22/2006, 01:40 PM
sorry I didn't reply to this-we figured out whats wrong: he forgot to send the impeller cover, which makes it not work... so, Monday, I'll be back on here to tell ya if it works or not

oh, and i don't HAVE a sump, and have no clue how to MAKE a sump, or space for anything bigger than a ten gallon aquarium...