PDA

View Full Version : Contacting TBS?

ybenormal
03/21/2006, 08:36 PM
I sent an email to TBS late Friday looking for cost estimates with shipping and followed up with another email last night but have received no response. I also tried calling the number listed on the web site several times. No answer and no option to leave voicemail.

I don;t mean to sound impatient but I am hoping to place an order and have it delivered this Friday or on the weekend. What is the best way to contact TBS?

Grand Wazoo
03/21/2006, 08:41 PM
You sure you have the correct email address? They are pretty responsive. When I called the number I left a message and got a return call!!!

Their turn-around time on orders has been great based on all these happy people on this forum and what they are all saying.

ybenormal
03/21/2006, 08:56 PM
Both emails were sent to liverock@tbsaltwater.com. The number I called is the one listed on their web site, 813-875-3574.

docklink
03/22/2006, 09:08 AM
The'll get to you. There are only a couple of people working and they've had little chance to dive for a very long time, so I know they are out diving at any opportunity they get at this time. It's tough to be patient but it's well worth it.

liverock
03/22/2006, 03:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7010529#post7010529 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ybenormal
Both emails were sent to liverock@tbsaltwater.com. The number I called is the one listed on their web site, 813-875-3574.

I have been in the Keys...just got back 10 min ago...
TBS

ybenormal
03/22/2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks and sorry if I seem impatient. Just hadn't heard back and wasn't sure if my emails and phone call were to the right place.

Hopefully diving went well and you have lots of great rock available!

ybenormal
03/24/2006, 03:34 PM
Still no response from TBS to my emails or phone call...

liverock
03/24/2006, 03:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7032924#post7032924 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ybenormal
Still no response from TBS to my emails or phone call...

???

I answer all phone calls everyday.

Did you go to my page at
www.tbsaltwater.com and fill out the online order form?

As that is how we communicate with customers, please fill out the form, and I call you.

If you have a question , please leave a message on the machine.
I seldom answer the phone as I am either underwater-at the airport-or packing shipments.

Thanks TBS

ybenormal
03/24/2006, 04:26 PM
I had questions about shipping costs to my area and followed these instructions from your web site:

"You can also call us at 1-813-875-3574. If we don't answer we are out diving -- please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we get off the boat! Our ability to get live rock is ultimately up to mother nature, and sometimes (especially in the winter!) she doesn't cooperate. Feel free to email us at: liverock@tbsaltwater.com. "

I've sent two emails and left one voicemail over the past seven days. Since you responded two days ago that you had just returned from the keys, I assumed that you would respond to the email or voicemail shortly. Are you saying that the only way to communicate with you is to fill out the online order form?

liverock
03/24/2006, 05:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7033271#post7033271 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ybenormal
I had questions about shipping costs to my area and followed these instructions from your web site:

"You can also call us at 1-813-875-3574. If we don't answer we are out diving -- please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we get off the boat! Our ability to get live rock is ultimately up to mother nature, and sometimes (especially in the winter!) she doesn't cooperate. Feel free to email us at: liverock@tbsaltwater.com. "

I've sent two emails and left one voicemail over the past seven days. Since you responded two days ago that you had just returned from the keys, I assumed that you would respond to the email or voicemail shortly. Are you saying that the only way to communicate with you is to fill out the online order form?

If you want to order the order form is the quickest way to get into the pipeline.....if you want to talk to me...leave a message on the machine!

I have not received a message from you...please try again....I return all calls immediately.

Email is the best way to reach me, as I am never in the office, always diving or on the move!
TBS

ybenormal
03/24/2006, 06:02 PM
As much as I would like to place an order for TBS rock, I also have what I consider to be reasonable expectations as a customer and I'm quickly getting the feeling that I am being publicly played for a fool.

The topic of this discussion is lack of response from TBS and I have pointed out that I have attempted to contact you via email twice, by calling at least a dozen times with no answer or answering machine on your end and finally by leaving a voicemail a few days ago--following instructions listed on your website. You now claim that you did not receive a voicemail from me and you still have not responded to either of the emails--yet you state that email is the best way to reach you!?!

I have expended far too much effort on this already. If you want my business, you will respond to either of the two emails that I have sent to your email address and possibly add yet another satisfied customer to your list. If no response from you, no business from me and one very dissatisfied customer.

figuerres
03/24/2006, 06:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7033893#post7033893 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ybenormal
As much as I would like to place an order for TBS rock, I also have what I consider to be reasonable expectations as a customer and I'm quickly getting the feeling that I am being publicly played for a fool.

The topic of this discussion is lack of response from TBS and I have pointed out that I have attempted to contact you via email twice, by calling at least a dozen times with no answer or answering machine on your end and finally by leaving a voicemail a few days ago--following instructions listed on your website. You now claim that you did not receive a voicemail from me and you still have not responded to either of the emails--yet you state that email is the best way to reach you!?!

I have expended far too much effort on this already. If you want my business, you will respond to either of the two emails that I have sent to your email address and possibly add yet another satisfied customer to your list. If no response from you, no business from me and one very dissatisfied customer.

?? wow....

you have 2 posts here where he has requested you leave a phone message etc....

the folks you are dealing with are a very good bunch who have a good track record for years of doing the right thing for the customer.

please don't be so quick to be angry.

-- on second thought I see at the end of the post you are already done... oh well....

ybenormal
03/24/2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks. I'm glad you are happy with the company and the service you have received, but I think you are missing or overlooking the point.

I sent an email last Friday requesting estimated shipping costs. I followed up with another email late Monday. Neither email received a response.

Figuring (correctly) that the team might be on the water, I followed guidance listed on the website and made at least a dozen attempts to reach the company by telephone over two days. There was no answer and the answering machine did not pick up after at least eight to ten rings. I tried again on the third day, finally reached an answering machine and left a voicemail with a request that they call me back. There was no callback and the claim is that they did not receive my voicemail.

This is playing out as if I am being impatient and unreasonable and that my claims to have sent emails and leaving a voicemail are bogus. I have far better things to do than to try and make a company look bad and this is not my intent.

I am very impressed with the pictures and descriptions of supplies people have received from this company. I am also glad to hear that they have so many happy customers and I feel that I have put a lot of honest effort into trying to become one of them. I had hoped to order some live rock and animals for delivery today or Saturday as I could guarantee that I would be available to pick up the shipments. That hope is pretty much out the window now.

I'd hardly agree that I was "so quick to be angry." In fact, I'm not angry at all--just very disappointed. I will resend the email one more time. If TBS wants my business, the ball is in their court.

ybenormal
03/25/2006, 12:02 AM
To ALL:

My discussions with TBS over any perceived or actual non-responsiveness should have been between me and the company, not posted on a public forum.

Companies earn respect of their customers and everything I've read about TBS over the past year or so has been extremely positive. In spite of the confusion above, I have no reason to feel that TBS is anything less than a customer-oriented company that deserves continued support from the SW community.

To TBS:

Please accept my sincere apologies for letting emotion get in the way of rational thought and professional courtesy.

liverock
03/25/2006, 06:38 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7036311#post7036311 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ybenormal
To ALL:

My discussions with TBS over any perceived or actual non-responsiveness should have been between me and the company, not posted on a public forum.

Companies earn respect of their customers and everything I've read about TBS over the past year or so has been extremely positive. In spite of the confusion above, I have no reason to feel that TBS is anything less than a customer-oriented company that deserves continued support from the SW community.

To TBS:

Please accept my sincere apologies for letting emotion get in the way of rational thought and professional courtesy.

Hey no problem here.....

I just do not understand why we could not hook up, as I answer the phone and emails many times a day.
Thanks!
TBS

ybenormal
03/29/2006, 11:46 PM
I feel compelled to post on this thread one more time to clear the air.

Richard and I finally made contact via email and he was able to quickly answer my questions. He went out of his way to contact me early Saturday morning in the hopes of having the order placed and delivered the same day. I was out though and responded too late in the day, so the order was delivered Monday afternoon instead. Pics of the rocks and some of the critters are posted in this thread:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=813096

For anyone considering a purchase of live rock, I strongly recommend that you give TBS a chance. Their prices are about the same as most of the local fish stores I've visited but their service and the quality of their rocks just can't be beat.

Thanks Richard for giving me the opportunity to become another happy TBS customer!

figuerres
03/30/2006, 05:21 AM
Glad to hear the final results are good !!

:D