PDA

View Full Version : Questions about durso standpipes?

FishPharm
03/22/2006, 10:29 PM
I have durso standpipes to return water to my sump. On a daily basis, I have to clear the tiny hole in the endcap of the standpipes because of saltcreep buildup. This blockage brings down my water level below the elbow inside my overflow box. There is much noise associated with this, even though water still is being sent to the sump. I have to constantly clear the tiny hole with fresh water sprayed or push a small finishing nail thru the hole. My questions: Will a larger hole help or will this eventually be blocked; Is it possible to drill a hole too large? How about drilling a 1/4" hole; adding a small amount of 1/4" nylon tubing with a John Guest ball valve to control the amount of air. Or just a simple air valve set into the endcap? Sorry about all questions but this really bothers me and was hoping you guys/gals can give feedback on how you may have minimized this annoyance. :confused:

Bebo77
03/22/2006, 10:33 PM
put some more pipe( larger piece) above the T and under the cap so that it is higher and out of the water...

reefin'aggie
03/22/2006, 10:39 PM
What keeps happening is when the airflow is blocked you create a true syphon and nice toilet flushing sound.

You could do like Bebo suggested or I just put a 1/4" tube with a ballvalve and it works beautifully.

Jacob

FishPharm
03/24/2006, 04:22 AM
Thanx Guys.