PDA

View Full Version : just set up my 24g aqua pod, I want to mod it, suggestions?

saltyESQ
03/23/2006, 03:37 PM
I have 20lbs of LS and LR and it has the 70w HQI up top

as for corals, I will only be adding leathers and LPS
I will eventually add a clam.

my first mod:
the pump seems wholly underpowered.

any suggestions on a new pump, keeping in mind that my needs are only for LPS and leathers.

my second mod:
is there any way to add another powerhead?
if I keep the stock return and point it downward, then the surface gets no agitation. and the fish that will eventually be in the tank will not have enough air.

atm, the return is underwater, is it suppose to be underwater?

any other suggestions that you can think of that would be helpful?

Lakeside518
03/23/2006, 04:31 PM
I would upgrade the main pump to a Maxi-Jet 1200

You can add another powerhead to your setup. Many have. Some have added the 2nd pump in one of the rear chambers and drilled a hole in the back plastic wall for the outlet to keep things looking neat. Or just add to the glass or hang off the rear wall.

A refugium mod would be a good consideration. I have yet to do mine. I have seen other members posts and have a good idea of how its done. It on my Mod lists.

The Fission skimmer seems to be a waste of time and money i have given up on mine. No i go skimmerless.

Kris

saltyESQ
03/23/2006, 07:33 PM
I think the 1200 is the same as on the seaclone, which I have sitting in my closet. That pump still seems very weak, should I get a larger pump?

any other mods?

MRinCC
03/23/2006, 09:38 PM
here is a site for light and fan mod:

http://natureboyaquarium.blogspot.com/2006/03/120-w-pc-hood-modification.html

saltyESQ
03/23/2006, 09:47 PM
I have a 70w Hqi bulb, no lighting mods needed, thanks

saltyESQ
03/24/2006, 12:30 PM
bump

fishyapol
03/24/2006, 04:37 PM
hey my beagle looks just like yours:D ... i have a 24 aquapod.. its been running for about month and half now... i upgraded to from a 20 gallon fish only.. i heard a lot of good things about aquapod... for the pump. i just added my old rio in there.. the one it came with is kinda weak..ii did not add a skimmer.. and everything seems to be fine... i ll put a pic on the thread.. i think i m pretty much done adding anything else but you know how it is..

saltyESQ
03/24/2006, 07:58 PM
post a pic of your tank and beagle

KING OF THE REEF
03/24/2006, 08:04 PM
i got a palm light and made the back a fuge

saltyESQ
03/24/2006, 08:05 PM
to make the refuge, can I just throw in some cheato and LR in the first chamber?