PDA

View Full Version : wolf eel pair?

David M
03/23/2006, 06:38 PM
Waddaya think about this, a lfs got in some wolf eels on Monday. ( Congrogadus subducens ) One very green and one dull brown (I know that is not a guarantee of sex but there does seem to be a popular belief that it's helpful). Both are about the same size, looks like maybe 12-14" to me. Anyway they put them together to see what might happen on Tuesday morning. So far they have co-existed quite harmoniously in a little 20 gallon tank, a little occasional bickering but nothing really violent. S. Michael wrote " conspecifics will fight" and " it is prudent to keep only one ... per tank, unless ... heterosexual pair".

Think it's a pair? Or maybe just two fish so stressed from capture and transport they just don't give a damn right now? :rolleyes:

Also anyone got the link to that thread where someone here has a baby growing out?

I know, I know... what I need is more oscellaris, I don't need these. But how can I walk away if it's a true pair? :(

David M
03/23/2006, 07:57 PM
I found the thread(s) I was looking for, have we heard from Oceanarus latley? I sent PM.

Hey, the search function worked :D