PDA

View Full Version : Yellow watchman goby burrow?

Brock Fluharty
03/23/2006, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know how long it will take for a yellow watchman goby to make a burrow? I have a very small one (about an inch), in my 75 reef with several clownfish. The sandbed is about 2 inches, and a very fine grain. Does anyone know how long it takes for one to burrow after being added to the tank? He is already settled in, and tries to attack his reflection...:rolleyes:

Thanks!
Brock Fluharty

Brock Fluharty
03/23/2006, 10:56 PM
Nobody knows?

E-A-G-L-E-S
03/23/2006, 11:01 PM
depends......other fish?....eating yet?

richfavinger
03/23/2006, 11:03 PM
My Pink Spotted, made his home on the side of my tank under a rock chip. He's always on the left side of the tank, never goes far. It just takes time, your goby will find a spot. It would be nice if he made a house right in the middle of the tank, but oh well. :)

Rich

Brock Fluharty
03/23/2006, 11:07 PM
He is eating, and there are 6 true percula clownish, and a blue green reef chromis. He is eating, and is the funniest little fish. He is really small. Only 1 inch at the most. Thanks for replying guys!

bigbris1
03/24/2006, 09:09 AM
My diamond watchman made a burrow after 2 days but now I hardly see him :(

Brock Fluharty
03/24/2006, 11:55 AM
Well, I woke up this morning, turned the lights on, and he is in front of a small cave on the bottom of a rock. The cave is about the size of the last joint on the tip of your thumb. Maybe he is planning a burrow, or maybe he is just gonna stay in the cave.

cateyes
03/24/2006, 08:03 PM
my YWG never did make a burrow. he just roamed around alot. i finally added some barnacles and he quickly made them his home... he seems very content with his "burrow".