PDA

View Full Version : any pics or plans on the self cleaning skimmer or the "wet neck"

windgod
03/23/2006, 07:48 PM
want to see some pics or plans on the "wet neck" type skimmer

any info would be apprecited

Thanks

Roland Jacques
04/21/2006, 04:58 PM
do you have any links to any wet neck info? i really want to no more on this subject i no i saw a thread here back in january but i cant find it.

breedingroom
04/22/2006, 08:16 PM
Hey all, I know the search function is difficult at best...but I have been having real good success in using the search function ealy in the AM, before I leave for work....around 6:30 am Eastern

Roland Jacques
04/23/2006, 07:08 AM
breedingroom
great tip thanks

it seems that schools out on these wet necks. im not sure why. do they fight against the foam head. or is it that their a liitle hard to build. i still cant find much in the way of feed back after people have built it. still searching

wind
heres i link to a thread with a partial photo ( cant find many photos)
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=568865&highlight=wet+neck

spazz
04/23/2006, 09:55 AM
wet necks are very toughto build because you need the waster th sheen down the inside of the tube evenly. even the levelest skimmer will not sheen perfectly when you run a wet nech on it. that is why most people dont use them. most people have to keep releveling there skimmer to get the wet necks running properly.

windgod
04/23/2006, 11:25 AM
so they are not really worth the trouble you say....

thanks that will save me some time