PDA

View Full Version : ASM G3 Issue.... Bubbles too much

Louisb
03/24/2006, 09:00 AM
Trying to figure out if I need to fix something with the skimmer. I have been running mine for about 6 months now with no issues. I did the gate valve mod, so adjustment is easy. Last night did some aquascaping and got rid of a bunch of my Xenia. In doing so I used some of the Aquastik putty to cover the Xenia I couldn't get completely off. Every since I used that putty I cannot get my skimmer to foam moderately. I have the gate all the way closed and it is still overflowing in the collection cup. Would the Aquastik do this? If so, does anyone know typically how long this is going to take to get back to normal? The one thing that I noticed is that it is foaming so much that there are microbubbles coming out of the output of the gate valve mod. One last question, if this going to eventually go away should I let it run while it is overflowing or should I turn it off for a day or so and then fire it up again?

Just when I thought I had this skimmer thing all figured out!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

gath2
03/24/2006, 09:14 AM
I would not worry too much about it. Give it a couple of days to settle down

CastleRock
03/25/2006, 10:18 AM
Yes the Aquastik will make any skimmer go nuts.
Like Gath said give it a few days it will settle down

TwistedTiger
03/25/2006, 03:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7029849#post7029849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Louisb
I have the gate all the way closed and it is still overflowing in the collection cup.

Do you mean all the way open?