PDA

View Full Version : Extension Cords...

Red Sea Purple Tang
03/24/2006, 04:35 PM
I'm looking at getting the TUNZE OSMOLATOR UNIVERSAL 3155 - auto top-off system. I would like the controller box mounted in a certain place, with the rest of the parts about 14 feet away. I was wondering, given the length of cord to begin with, if this is possible, or is there an extension cord fitting that would work.

Thanks for the help!

prugs
03/27/2006, 04:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7033326#post7033326 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Red Sea Purple Tang
I'm looking at getting the TUNZE OSMOLATOR UNIVERSAL 3155 - auto top-off system. I would like the controller box mounted in a certain place, with the rest of the parts about 14 feet away. I was wondering, given the length of cord to begin with, if this is possible, or is there an extension cord fitting that would work.

Thanks for the help!

Bump.

Hey "rvitko" how about some help here?
Can all the leads be cut & spliced? Is the optical sensor wire or any of the leads something special? Would it void the waranty?
Can a unit be special ordered with longer leads $$$$?

Anthony & I are waiting. Ready to place an order.

Thanks Tom

rvitko
03/27/2006, 04:52 PM
Sorry about that, my reply must have not gone through. I think 10ft would be about the best I could hope to do for you. The optic sensor cable has four extremely small wires inside and splicing it is very difficult, the delivered length is about 6ft and I can just about double that with one extension piece. It would take some time to arrange and when I have done it in the past I charged $40 labor. Now, you can fairly easily extend the distance from the controller to the pump.

Red Sea Purple Tang
03/27/2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the help Roger! I'll do some more measuring and let you know.