PDA

View Full Version : Off topic but new toy, sorta

JR719
03/25/2006, 05:11 AM
Those of you that know, the wife is a professional photographer. More and more folks are asking her to take "outside of work" photos (military contractor). So I broke down and bought her the camera she wanted. Just like she uses at work, an out dated Nikon D1x. Still cost more than I wanted to spend. At least this way I can take some nice shots of the tank when I get it back to where I want. Don't know why, but thought I would share, guess I'm just bored tonight.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/JR719/camera.jpg

JR719
03/25/2006, 05:14 AM
The laptop is loaded with the most current version of Photoshop, CS2 I believe (for editing needs). Also something fun to use at work with the almighty "wireless internet". Nothing like checking reef central when I have down time.

n8duncan
03/25/2006, 08:08 AM
Jeff,

You know what happens when you start spoiling the lady of the house........lol At least now you can get some swell photos of the tank for our viewing pleasure.

By the way, how is the criminal busting business back in ol' E-town.

Nathan

MyMonkey
03/25/2006, 10:14 AM
Very nice... Love the new SLR Digitals.

sadsak
03/25/2006, 03:00 PM
Congrats!

lawboy888
03/25/2006, 10:00 PM
nice cam....someday i am going to learn how to take better pics...for now Paul will do:)

JR719
03/26/2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks all. The wife will have to show me how to use the thing. I mentioned getting a macro lens so I can take shots of the tank. She just shook her head. The lens that came with it is not good at all for anything close up. I'll have a sneak a macro lens sometime.
Nathan, still good times on the criminals. Always fun to lock up the bad ones you know.