PDA

View Full Version : Starting my inwall 30

RKSPORTDRIVER
03/25/2006, 03:51 PM
Okay I have been in the process of this month installing my 30 gallon long into my wall. It has a 10 gal sump. The tank is all set up and i am currently filling it with ro water as we speak. The question that I want to ask is if I can put in the live sand after i mix the salt in the tank. I won't have my skimmer (ASM g3) until thursday so i still got like five days. I have plenty of flow in the tank with about 40x turnround. I had a twelve gallon before and had problems with green hair algae. Will it be okay and wont start to create an algae problem if I put in the live sand without the skimmer. thanx in advance

I have been taking pictures but i dont have a digital camera so im gonna go out and buy a scanner after im finished getting the tank up and running so u guys can see this 30 gallon in wall.

RKSPORTDRIVER
03/25/2006, 04:28 PM
?

Salty Brother
03/25/2006, 04:57 PM
If I were you Id get a lot bigger sump, 10 is way too small. Tanks are kinda cheap, and half of your 10gal sump will be the ASM skimmer. My brother has a 29gal sump with A2 skimmer, I would recommend a 29, its a nice size and since it is an inwall you wont have to worry about hidding it. And yes I think you should be able to add sand after the water, as long as you dont have fish in it.

RKSPORTDRIVER
03/25/2006, 05:33 PM
thanx...yea i was thinking I was gonna need a bigger sump, but i think im just gonna go the rubbermaid route. thanx again

seansod
03/25/2006, 05:47 PM
It won't hurt to put in the live sand. It will just look like there is a film on top of the water until you can do some wet skimming.

Good luck and be sure to post some picture

Tony

hulley
03/25/2006, 08:00 PM
I have a 30g BB! You should try BB for a while, its my first BB and I love it! I'm setting up my 90g as a BB soon also! I have no Hair Algae problem, yet! I also have a ASM G2 for my skimmer, it works great!