PDA

View Full Version : coco worm help

eastonreef
03/25/2006, 10:56 PM
i just looked in my tank and noticed my coco worm is out of its shell. it seems to be moving a little, but i am guessing he is dying. does anyone know for sure. i dont want to leave him in the tank if he is dying.

discus010
03/25/2006, 11:40 PM
Do you mean it has lost its crown(red feathery part)? If so, is the worm still in the tube. If the worm is still in the tube, then leave him in the tank and discard the crown. Coco worms tend to lose their crown when they undergo a lot of stress. Eventually they will grow a new crown.

eastonreef
03/25/2006, 11:46 PM
no,,, the whole worm came out. i dont think it is a good sign. it is just a matter of time before the crabs get him................

sps_addict
03/26/2006, 12:02 PM
If it bailed out of it's tube you have to figure out why and resolve it.
Could be many reasons...poor water quality, too much flow, too little flow, not enough food, etc.

As for the worm it could possibly build a new tube (will definitely take awhile to build the calcium tube) if nothing kills it (e.g. hermits, fish, etc).

Good luck.

kmk2307
05/09/2006, 06:12 AM
eastonreef,

What ended up happening? You didn't take a picture of the worm when it was out of the tube, did you?

Kevin

eastonreef
05/09/2006, 07:11 AM
it didn't make it.....:(

i did not think to take a picture.. sorry... it was an ugly little bugger though...........

jsc1362
05/10/2006, 11:40 PM
The same thing happened to mine today! The worm was inching out of his tube towards the sand all day today and finally at lights out just came out all together. It is curled up in the sand, feathers still attached and "bloomed", writhing around...it is very close to my carpet anenome and I fear the worst for it's future. I have three others in the tank with no apparent problems. It is a very UGLY looking creature!

akrimmel
05/12/2006, 09:09 AM
anyone got pics of the worm outside of the tube?

Ludwigia73
05/13/2006, 06:37 AM
Mine did that the first day I had it. I put it back in it's tube, and it's been going strong 9 months+ Also, it's added to it's calcerous tube.