PDA

View Full Version : How many people have really had float valve fail?

ChickenCannoneer
03/26/2006, 07:47 AM
Just wanted to see how many people really had a float valve fail in their tank or sump that they were using for auto top off. Thanks, Tim

myakkareef
03/26/2006, 08:03 AM
I have been running the Kent float valves for about 10 years and have never had one fail. I do replace them every coupe years though.

starmanres
03/26/2006, 08:35 AM
I have never had a problem with my Kent that I didn't cause.

With the cramped space I have knocked it with my in sump skimmer and turned it sideways and then it might go one of two ways - overfill or no fill.

I just pay attention when I'm finished working in the sump to make sure I didn't turn the valve or have any tube laying across it keeping it depressed and filling.

Robert

crazyfingersmike
03/26/2006, 08:46 AM
I have not had a problem with it. I have a 5 gallon reservoir gravity-feeding it, on a 40 gallon tank. So at worst, I dump 5 gallons of water in there. That's not enough to overflow anything, and would only drop my SpG down to about 1.020 (I tested it).

I would not feed a pressurized line directly from my RO/DI unit that's hooked up to running water. That would cause flooding and complete catastrophic loss if the valve were to fail.

CW from the OC
03/26/2006, 10:36 AM
7 or 8 years, no failure.