PDA

View Full Version : When will it stop???

Evyllchyld
03/26/2006, 01:02 PM
I Just Introduced my second WC perc into my tank today, the one thats been in the for a few weeks already is about 1 1/4" long and the one I introduced today is 1 1/2" long.. I thought he was bigger at the fish store.(so there is a 1/4" - 1/3" difference between the two) As soon as I added them they are going at it like crazy... its non stop fighting with these two. I've read all over this thread many times that this will happen for a while untill they establish whos in charge, but I'm afraid one is going to die. I thought I was prepared to watch them go at it but WOW... I never thought it was going to be this bad. From what it looks like.. it seems like the newly introduced one is taking charge over the new one. As I type this the bigger one just went after the dorsal fin of the smaller one, and while he did this the smaller one just started twitching.. Any info would be great. Is the size difference not great enough? I know if you add two the same size when they are young it'll be fine but are these two large??? Wow, I really thought I was going to be ready for this...

-Brian

Add: Now the larger one is swimming by the smaller one and twitching....

Evyllchyld
03/26/2006, 02:42 PM
Now the bigger one has a mark under his chin. its red, almost like blood under the skin when you pinch your finger. I'm guessing thats ok but to just keep an eye on it??? things have calmed down a lot.

finding nemo
03/26/2006, 06:04 PM
Usually its best to get a way smaller one as the larger is a female allready.
The quivering may be submission and am not sure if it will go to male or not.
I would remove the newest one and replace it with a smaller one, say an inch or so long.
I would'nt want either to die, best of luck

Evyllchyld
03/26/2006, 06:22 PM
Well, the fighting has stopped for the most part, they both ate dry food today which suprised me because the newest hasn't had dry food, and they were both very stressed. I think things will be fine. If I notice problmes in the next few days I'll make sure to say something to my LFS.

Sk8r
03/26/2006, 06:36 PM
Sometimes it works to remove both to quarantine and let them get acquainted. Glad the dust finally settled! Looks as if they're going to adjust.