PDA

View Full Version : April 2nd YWCA meeting

spoon25
03/27/2006, 07:24 AM
ok, we have a week to plan for this upcoming event....i think we are going to do 50/50 raffles...bmac, zooqi was saying that your family was going to have a good part in the food supply, i was thinking maybe party pizza there cheap and who cant pass up pizza....we are going to be giving you 50% of the raffle for taking charge of the food, and the other will be going to the winner....i will have a few frags to bring, and also my shrimp should be alive and kicken by then, ill bring some live brine shrimp for us to try and start using...the frag that i have will be 3 sps and 1 softy....we are thinking on all of us bringing frags this way we could either trade them or either give towards raffle....either way we should help out with some frags that are clogging our tanks....lol...any other suggestions on what we could do, i have a microscope, and i will be making slides this week for the kids to look at....the slides will be of micro algae, brine shrimp eggs, microscopic bugs in the water, and some macro algea....very cool stuff, kids should love this....zooqi said he will be having an octopus there this week, cant miss this event, maybe if you know of any outsiders that would like to join us in our meeting this week, i am going to see about bringing in some URS to join this week, i might have to sacrifice a nice sps to do so, but im sure they would do same for us...we will see what happens...thank you all for your support

bmac
03/27/2006, 07:15 PM
Spoon, I am not gonna make the meeting this month, i have to work on sunday...

spoon25
03/27/2006, 08:16 PM
ok, cool, ill take care of food then....

spoon25
03/28/2006, 11:40 AM
well i have been workin on my slides for the children and us adults to look at, i made 12 slides, i have micro algae, red slime algae, brine shrimp, barnacles, zooplanton, phytoplankton, pods, poly toxins, red seaweed,live sand,mysis, and skimmer gunk...

spoon25
03/28/2006, 11:46 AM
i will also be bringing brine shrimp for everyone to try, ill only have about 8 containers so first come first serve....

bmac
03/28/2006, 06:44 PM
will they be cooked or raw ?

spoon25
03/28/2006, 06:47 PM
heyBeavisMac your gonna miss out on some live brine for your fish....lol hey when you come thursday ill grap you a bag to try...my clowns love it

bmac
03/28/2006, 08:01 PM
works for me....my acan will love it !!!!