PDA

View Full Version : snails everywhere

casey7e
03/27/2006, 08:31 AM
Hello
I was told that salt water snails do NOT reproduce in large numbers like fresh water....well I have two turbo snails and some other smaller snails in my small 30 gal nano reef.....in the past month I have noticed dozens upon dozens of tiny baby snails everywhere.....is this a good thing or should I start trying to take some out??

rustybucket145
03/27/2006, 08:45 AM
Could you get a pic of the small snails. There is a chance that they are not the same snails. Even could be predator pyramid snails. Probably not, but it would be worth finding out.

Timothy01
03/27/2006, 08:48 AM
chancws are very few of those snails will make it to adults

Dubbin1
03/27/2006, 09:02 AM
You are probably seeing Collonista snails. They don't get much bigger then what you are seeing now and are harmless.

casey7e
03/27/2006, 09:08 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7050331#post7050331 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by casey7e
Hello
I was told that salt water snails do NOT reproduce in large numbers like fresh water....well I have two turbo snails and some other smaller snails in my small 30 gal nano reef.....in the past month I have noticed dozens upon dozens of tiny baby snails everywhere.....is this a good thing or should I start trying to take some out??

There so small cant get an image of them....they look like a reg fresh water snail when they mulitpy.....tiny tiny with the shell.....there are at least 100 or more I think......
it they wont make it to adults great.....I just wanted to make sure I wasnt having a problem with an overpopulation
thanks!!