PDA

View Full Version : can anyone see any problems with this setup?

neo1013
03/28/2006, 11:53 PM
I am planning my new setup for my 125g tank in my new house. I want the 125g in the livingroom. it will drain from its 2 internal overflows down to the basement into the sump. the sump is about 45g total just to house my skimmer and heaters. from the sump it will go into 2 55g drums, one after another; the first one will have som LR rubble and the second will have some type of macro. then back up to the display. am I overlooking any possible problems? any ideas to make it better? it will also have an auto top off system. let me know what you think.

bertoni
03/29/2006, 12:12 AM
That setup should work. I'm not sure how useful the live rock area will be, but it should provide a lot of territory for small animals. The macroalgae area will be great. Sounds like an interesting plan.

I guess I'd consider putting the macroalgae before the live rock to help reduce the odds of plugging the return pump, but I'm not sure that it really makes much difference.

jobiwan
03/29/2006, 01:28 AM
Should be a great setup, wish I had a basement. Make sure your return pump has the capacity to handle the height back up to the tank, and don't skimp on the light for the Macro tank, I like and use the opposite light cycle concept where the macro is lighted when your tank is dark to use up the co2 produced...

mg426
03/29/2006, 02:43 AM
Well it certainly sounds interesting. Got to say that with all of that volume you should have a very stable system. I would be very curious to see how it all works out fot you.

Scuba Oz
03/29/2006, 05:50 AM
Dont see any issues really, I would have the macro first then the rubble ( or deep sand bed). Sounds like you are going to need a really strong pump