PDA

View Full Version : OK I got my Typhoon III ?

motorbikemike
03/29/2006, 02:52 AM
I set it up after reading the set up sheet and it seems to work great so far. I ran it for an hour like it said to do and I get a TDS reading of 1 on the RO side. I then tested the DI and it reads 0.

My question is do I use the DI side for my tank water or the RO only. I assume the DI because it is lower right? If I use the port that says "product pure out" is that RODI? Meaning it goes threw the Ro membrain first then the DI unit or is this just DI. I get a perfect reading off this port.

Is there such a thing as just DI or is DI just one more step in the cycle to make the water more pure?

I think I have a handle on this I just want to make shure I am doing it right.

Thanks
Mike

pufferpoison
03/29/2006, 05:10 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7066027#post7066027 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by motorbikemike
I set it up after reading the set up sheet and it seems to work great so far. I ran it for an hour like it said to do and I get a TDS reading of 1 on the RO side. I then tested the DI and it reads 0.

My question is do I use the DI side for my tank water or the RO only. I assume the DI because it is lower right? If I use the port that says "product pure out" is that RODI? Meaning it goes threw the Ro membrain first then the DI unit or is this just DI. I get a perfect reading off this port.

Is there such a thing as just DI or is DI just one more step in the cycle to make the water more pure?

I think I have a handle on this I just want to make shure I am doing it right.

Thanks
Mike

You use the product pure out for your tank, that would be RO/DI. You can use the RO only for drinking water, since you don't want to drink the RO/DI water, it leaves a "metallic" taste in your mouth. They sell DI only units, but the cartrige will need to be replaced very quickly, so it's not cost effective. RO usually takes 90-98% of all the TDS out of your water and the DI finishes the rest to make "labatory grade" water. Sorry for the typos, i'm working 12 1/2 hours a day and it's 5:00am, so i'm a bit tired.

old salty
03/29/2006, 08:55 AM
RO reading of 1??? That DI filter will last quite a while!!

doox00
03/29/2006, 09:45 AM
yeah, ro rating of 1 is fantastic.. lucky you! my typhoon III is broke, they are sending me a replacement, my ro output is mid 30's, should be 10 or less.

what is your tap water tds btw?

smleee
03/29/2006, 10:31 AM
Glad to hear you have a quality unit and are learning how to use it. :)

FYI On my typhoon III, I have tap water input of ~120 tds and RO only output of 1-2 tds and DI at 0.

eee

motorbikemike
03/29/2006, 04:57 PM
Thank you very much for the replys!!! I understand how it all works now. I tested my tap water and it reads 145 the RO read 1 and DI reads 0. This unit works great so far. I made shure I wasted the first 1.5 hours of RO like it said but the first thing I did was to open the FF and DI bypass and let it run for about 10 min.
The only bad thing I can say about this is that it came very badly packed but still made the trip just fine. the box was trashed and I could hear the unit moving all around inside. Some news paper would do the trick I think.

Thanks again for all of your replys!!
Mike

yoboyjdizz
03/29/2006, 07:06 PM
i have the same thing as was wondering how do you use the pure water outlet instead of the ro outlet?

smleee
03/30/2006, 11:22 AM
Close the "RO only" valve; the water should then run to the DI and out.

eee

doox00
03/30/2006, 11:24 AM
yeah, close all valves but the di, that will give you ro/di