PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new Finnex light - pic

FishWife1
03/29/2006, 12:27 PM
Just got it from NanoCustoms. It will go over our 30 gal. cube which is still being plumbed. It's a little long 23 3/4" but the T5 lamps are only 22" and with the fixture on the legs or suspended I shouldn't have too much spill over. I want to keep a couple of BTAs with Pink Skunks, and once they settle in we'll add some LPS, clams, and maybe a Monti or 2.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e275/lbouton1/newFinnexlights.jpg

It's a 150 HQI Phoenix 14K bulb with 2X24W actinic T5s. We want a blue tank but not 20K blue so hopefully this will give it to us. One thing for sure, it's really bright. This pic is after only about 2 minutes.

Very impressed with the quality of the fixture, too, nice and solid yet easy to take apart to change bulbs, etc.

One question - the instructions with the HQI say that the "protrusion" on the out side of the bulb should be placed "uppermost". Now since the fixture is on it's top when I install the bulb does this still mean that the protrusion should point up toward the ceiling instead of down toward the water? That was my take but just want to be clear on this before setting everything up.

Thanks - Laurie

FishWife1
03/29/2006, 05:16 PM
bump

Anybody know the answer? Protrusion toward the ceiling or the water?

Thanks - Laurie

jlocke
03/29/2006, 09:21 PM
It needs to be pointed toward the ceiling once the fixture is on the tank.

Mainframe562
04/02/2006, 02:19 AM
Cool lights. I have a 32g m-tank from Finnex and was wondering where you got those lights?

FishWife1
04/02/2006, 02:29 PM
I got them from NanoCustoms. They were the same price as the unit with PCs but I had found them on the Finnex website and since I really wanted T5s I searched around. Nanocustoms ordered them for me and I upgraded to the 14K Phoenix bulb. They weren't cheap but are exactly what I wanted.

Laurie

outrigger
04/03/2006, 01:12 AM
Wow!