PDA

View Full Version : How much to feed?

dstalfire
03/29/2006, 03:18 PM
I feed my 5 fish in my 75g one cube of frozen food per day. Is this too much? I have a hair alage problem and am I causing it by over feeding? The cubes are the ones at the lfs, I am not sure who makes it.

Dan

reefwick
03/29/2006, 03:23 PM
Many different kinds of fish food come in cubes but........ I bet that is a contributing factor to the hair algae. Are you skimming? What's your maintenence schedule? % WC's etc.....

reefgeek84
03/29/2006, 03:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7069356#post7069356 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dstalfire
I feed my 5 fish in my 75g one cube of frozen food per day. Is this too much? I have a hair alage problem and am I causing it by over feeding? The cubes are the ones at the lfs, I am not sure who makes it.

Dan

We need to know everything about your set and all your water parameters, so please list those.

Also do you use RO/DI water? if you do not, then that is my guess as to one of the main reasons that you have algae, due to high phosphates. But please list everything that you with your tank and what kind of fish you have? also how long has the tank been up?

jdm01
03/29/2006, 10:07 PM
I do not feed quite that much. without knowing more like how much livestock, it is tough to know. i use zooplankton and frozen brine shrimp every couple of days. My protein skimmer takes a lot out. All that said, I have not had much of an algae problem with my 29G.

tanker
03/29/2006, 10:45 PM
What kind of fish and how big??

Also some cubes are bigger then other cubes.

Not much info here.