PDA

View Full Version : how do you keep your aquarium logs?

Fishlip
03/29/2006, 05:32 PM
Do you write it down in some type of jurnal? I would like to find some program where you can log parametrs etc. What you guys using to keep track of your water levels? Thanks

chemesgh
03/29/2006, 05:35 PM
I just log everything in an excel spreadsheet.

daddypugg
03/29/2006, 06:01 PM
I use ReefCon Pro (http://www.infinitysoft.net/). I opted for the pro (to get the upgrades) but they do have a free version available.

HTH,

EricBrian
03/29/2006, 06:04 PM
I just downloaded:
Maquarium

http://www.everydaysoftware.net/maquarium/

Sk8r
03/29/2006, 06:10 PM
I use one of those little journal-books (some with magnetic clasp) that you can get at most craft stores or Walmarts. I just keep it in pen, writing: date: reading, action taken. Or Event. I keep it in the same leopard print chest that holds all my test kits and supplements. It lives in the kitchen where I do the testing. I'm not the sort that can remember numbers long enough to get to the computer, and I don't want water near my keyboard. These programs, however, sound intriguing. What do they do? I visited the site, but they were singularly uninformative.

fraggin
03/29/2006, 06:16 PM
i been just writing it down since day one 97 cent composition book heh

puffer21
03/29/2006, 06:27 PM
i wrote an excele sheet and print it and put it in a binder. and write the results and what i did. i can send it to anyone who wants it. i also have sheets on animals i have in my tank and there death so that i know everything that is in it. just PM if you want them

jdm01
03/29/2006, 09:55 PM
On my newer tank I have been using Word. I will switch to Excel soon. As much as I am spending on the tank and its inhabitants, I felt compelled to improvise here.

tanker
03/29/2006, 10:49 PM
I use a sharpee and write the date of my bulbs on the bulb. I have a plastic sheet on the inside door of my cabinets to log water changes and other useful info. Sharpee has velcro and attaches to inside of cabinet door too.