PDA

View Full Version : my new BTA

kisscouple
03/29/2006, 06:44 PM
I got a green BTA yesterday since i put him in my tank he hsant really moved. I put him on a pile of rock and he "jumped" off so i guess he didnt like it. I have a 4x65 pc light is that too much for him? I have cc and ls substrate so Im sure he can find a good spot. Why is he just sitting there? When i got him he was puffed up huge now hes kinda balled up with really short tentacles. Is this normal for being new to my tank? Thanks in advace Bill

finding nemo
03/29/2006, 07:39 PM
HI Bill, it is normal for them to go into hiding for awhile while they adjust to the new tank.
Your lighting is just fine for a BTA so that wont be a problem.
Have you tried feeding him?
Silversides are best if you have them.
give him a few days to settle in and he will be fine.
Make sure your water pars are in order, do a water change if you havnt done one in a few weeks, it really helps BTA;s with all sorts of things from sickness to getting used to there new home.
Let us know how he is in a day or so and good luck

kisscouple
03/29/2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks nemo I havent fed him yet I dont have siversides I was thinking frozen shrimp from the store raw of course. Did a water change today hoping he comes out of it. Hes my first BTA and Im hoping my onyx percs host him. That was my main reason for getting it but they have shown ZERO intrest in him so far :( Thanks again all other input would be valued as well :) Ill keep you posted on his settling in too Thanks Bill

LauraLea
04/05/2006, 01:43 PM
Hi kisscouple,

I am experiencing the same thing with mine. We got him about a day and a half ago. I put him in the tank on some LR; he promptly decided that upside down attached to a piece of limestone is where he wanted to be. Also last night, he was all puffed up (and had eaten previously). This morning, he was all balled up with, as you said, really short tentacles. I went home at lunch to check on him (like I could really do anything.....) and he was starting to open up.

I am wondering how your experience turned out. How long did it take your TBA to reopen? How often does he deflate now? I am new to anemones and have gotten different answers to what is considered typical. How long? How often? Etc. I guess it probably depends a lot on how often that you feed them....
Can someone who is reading this thread shed some light for me?

Thanks! Laura