PDA

View Full Version : 29 Gallon Stocking

sirhelm
03/30/2006, 03:04 PM
Hi All,

I just picked up a nice 29 gallon eclipse, that came with 2 occupants.

1 4 inch Clarkii clown
1 Seabae anenome.

I am planning on getting a 55-75 gallon tank later on, however in the mean time my wife is making me take down my 20 gallon tank.

That tank contains the following

3 tiny pajama cardinals
1 Coral beauty
1 small Ocellaris Clown
1 mid size G Smithii Mantis
1 small yellow tail damsel.

As you can see the 20 is a bit overstocked, hence my wanting a 55-75 tank.

So here is my question.... I am worried about the smaller and passive fish going in with the Clarkii. I guess she and her anenome have been the sole occupants of this tank, and I am worried that she will harass the pajamas, the ocellaris, and the Coral Beauty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

SH

mark97r6
03/30/2006, 04:50 PM
The angel and clarkii may chase, but i would say your main prob is the 2 clowns!

how long have you had your Ocellaris? The Clarkii is a female for sure at that size, and if you have had yours for any length of time the odds are the Ocelaris is a female too...This is really bad news! I would think together in a 29g tank the Ocelaris probebly wont last a day!!

Sorry about that fella, different species of clowns dont mix well. Though if juvi's they can pair. 2 female clowns on the whole is just 1 too many, even if they were the same species. Add to this the aggressive nature of the Clarkii clown and i think you get the idea.

My advice would be trade whichever clown you least prefer to the LFS and come home with a juvi mate for the remaining clown.

Just my opinion though! Good luck
Mark

sirhelm
03/30/2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks.

The ocellaris is new... only had him for approx 3 weeks and he is small.

The Clarkii is a giant compared to him.....

I am going to get the water conditions right over the next week or so, and have to do some water changes, as I am sure the clarkii and anenome are stressed over the move....

Any ideas on what order I should transfer the fish in??

I also have a lot of LR to create territorial and saftey zones as well....

If any fish have to go back it will be the ocellaris. The Clarkii rocks, and I would never think of getting rid of her or her hosting anenome...

SH

mark97r6
03/30/2006, 05:00 PM
If you have only had the Ocelaris for that short of time you may get away with it! Was the Oc alone in the LFS you got it from? How was it size wise compared to the other fish?

Even if the Oc is a male/unsexed then there is still the harrassment of the Clarkii to deal with as they will try and 'pair' up. This in itself may be too much for the little fish. Though this is hard to call.

As for order of introduction. I would add the PJ's and clown then the angel and damsel. The clarkii may well take a disliking to the damsel also.

HTH
Mark

sirhelm
03/30/2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks Mark,

I will give it a shot.

In the LFS tank of many and many OC's it was about the same size as the rest

I will give it a shot.....

Thanks again

SH