PDA

View Full Version : snowflake owners update

EMBRYOGUY
03/30/2006, 09:16 PM
update, to all snowflake owners.

please post updated pics. how are they doing for everyone.

rbdesigns
03/30/2006, 09:56 PM
Huey, you should be the first to post! I saw the ones from your website. Their really nice not being entirely white. I'll try to get some of my pair.

EMBRYOGUY
03/30/2006, 10:18 PM
:) tks for your compliments :)

ok here is an update pic of my snowflakes. ive noticed they have colored up alot more since i bought them several months ago. more of an orange color. sorry for the bad pic. 14k.

also is a pic of the rainbow rbta that i recently acquired from fragglereef.com(miguel). in the past few days they female has tried to host it :) feeling the tentacles :) so i hopeful.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/embryoguy/snowflake3146oraneA.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/embryoguy/bta3156new001.jpg

EMBRYOGUY
03/30/2006, 10:20 PM
ive been contemplating acquiring a single snowflake clown to hopefully pair it up with an onyx. has anyone tried this yet?

EMBRYOGUY
03/30/2006, 10:27 PM
a few months ago, one of the more expert clown reefers on here mentioned that he said certain clowns have very unique personalities. and at that time i thouht it was a silly comment. but after having these snowflakes for a few months now. i have to agree. they exhibit a very active and curious behavior unlike most of my other clowns.

OR maybe bec were all clown fanatics, we find anything interesting about our clowns :)

rbdesigns
03/31/2006, 12:11 AM
I've had my pair since January. Within a week of having them, both came down with ich, then after it was gone, the male started biting at the female's tail. She lost about an 1/8-1/4", but after treating her with melafix it started to heal. It has completely grown back and now the tail is longer and has a nice black outline. I would say the female is about 3" and the male 1.75". They are very active, but they get spooked easily. I turned off my powerhead once and as soon as it came back one both scrambled and sank to the bottom of the tank and started breathing heavily. The male stays close to the female, but lately she has started picking on him.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/92771IMG_2517_1.jpg

lemec
03/31/2006, 01:33 AM
Where did you guys get your snowflakes from? Direct from ORA?

rbdesigns
03/31/2006, 02:53 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7080619#post7080619 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lemec
Where did you guys get your snowflakes from? Direct from ORA?

They aren't produced by ORA. They're coming from the Marine Centre in the UK. I'll pm u who I got them from.

Ron

EMBRYOGUY
03/31/2006, 06:35 AM
i got my pair from something fishy , toofishy.com email them , mention embryoguy so he ll know which pair your talking about if your interested.

rbdesigns
04/01/2006, 09:14 PM
Does something fishy get them often? I haven't seen them here any more. I feel lucky having my pair!

rbdesigns
04/01/2006, 09:16 PM
My girlfriend would have a fit if she knew how much they cost. Funny thing was my sister came over and was intrigued by them, then my girlfriend said they were white because they had a skin disease. I had the biggest laugh!

EMBRYOGUY
04/01/2006, 09:31 PM
lol

rob, great, we paid a ton for a diseased fish lol

same with me, i dont disclose to anyone not into reefs how much they cost . :)

the owner, Todd @ Something Fishy knew i liked odd clowns and he jumped on them when his distributor had access. can he get more? not sure, if i bother him enough maybe :)

rob, look in the sales section. you might see something interesting :) lol

when is it enough? lol

clord
04/01/2006, 10:12 PM
Embryoguy do you have any other pictures of your anemone ?

EMBRYOGUY
04/01/2006, 10:47 PM
clord i havent taken any pics since, but if i do ill post in philly forum.