PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pet Expo this weekend in GB

nellie54914
03/31/2006, 12:42 AM
Just wondering if anbody is going to the Pet Expo this weekend up in Green Bay. We are going, and have Pablo entered in the Dock Dogs Big Air competition on Friday (like they have sometimes on ESPN, the dogs jumping off the dock into water to see how far they can jump). It will be his first time doing it, so I hope he actually jumps! The expo is tomorrow evening, and all day Sat & Sunday. Looks like they're going to have a lot of pet vendors and demonstrations. Probably not anything reef related, but cat & dog stuff for sure. The Dock Dogs have jumps Sat & Sun too, and there's agility demos, obedience demos, all sort of stuff. I think there will be a petting zoo too.

It sounds like a good time, I'm excited to watch all the jumping dogs, I love watching it on TV! If nobody's ever seen agility, that's also fun to watch. It's kind of a dog obstacle course.

Maybe I'll see somebody there :)

Limpit
03/31/2006, 12:59 AM
Sounds like a good time.
Tell Pablo that I wish him the best of luck!

jmkarcz
03/31/2006, 02:02 PM
A gold medal would look good on Pablo.

Jason

gooch
03/31/2006, 05:34 PM
Where in Green Bay?

nellie54914
03/31/2006, 11:30 PM
It's at Shopko Hall. It's all indoors, including the dock dogs competition. It's $6 admission for adults, free for kids under 12. (There's a $1 off admission coupon on the WBAY site too)

I don't completely understand how everything works with the dock dogs thing yet, they have a bunch of different divisions. I think they put dogs into the divisions based on their jump distance for a certain amount of jumps. But whatever it is, Pablo got 3rd place in his division in his first wave (round). He jumped even farther in the 2nd wave but I don't know what (or if) he placed because they didn't give out the medals for that round tonight, it got too late. Either way, it was a lot of fun! There was a big crowd of people watching and cheering for the dogs, it was pretty cool to watch. There were several dogs who were participating for the first time like Pablo, but a lot of those people had a hard time getting their dogs to jump into the water. A couple were pretty funny cuz they were running full speed towards the end of the dock but then when they got there they hit the brakes! Since Pablo is a crazy dog he didn't hesitate, my husband had to really hang on to keep him from jumping in before he was ready to throw the toy!

I didn't get to walk around much with the competition going on, but there were a bunch of booths and the petting zoo looked ok. There were a couple of baby camels that were really cute! There were quite a few kids there and a lot of them watching the dock dogs, they really got a kick out of that. I know they're doing a bunch of agility runs tomorrow too and kids would like that, it's also fun to watch. :)

nellie54914
04/22/2006, 11:34 PM
We had so much fun doing Dock Dogs with Pablo at the expo that I decided to enter another competition, it was held this past week in Winneconne at the Pro-Am Walleye tournment. It was outdoors this time and the weather was beautiful (I participated on Thursday), I forgot to bring sunscreen and got a very sunburned face after being outside all day! Pablo had a LOT of fun again and so did I, wish it didn't cost so much and there were more events closer to the area, I'd be doing it all the time then! Thought I'd post some links to pictures that were taken in case anybody was interested, he looks like super dog! I didn't take them, there was a lady there (from Pet Personalities) that takes agility and other dog event pictures, she has them posted on her site so crazy dog owners like me can buy them! :) If you really like dogs or you're bored there's also a bunch of other leaping dog pictures if you Return to Thumbnails, she got some really cool action shots!

Picture 1 (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=02DS008H000056&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=02DS008H000055)

Picture 2 (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=02DS008H000065&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=02DS008H000064)

Picture 3 (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=02DS008H000145&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=02DS008H000144)