PDA

View Full Version : 3 ocellaris clownfish

Mercer
03/31/2006, 11:57 AM
Well, I have sectioned off my tank, and have 2 areas in it at the moment. However, I just added 2 juvenile clownfish to the tank, and moved the current clown to the other side.

But! They can still see each other. I want the two newly added to hook up (if I could be so lucky).

Will having a female clown within a pellet shot of the two new juveniles cause any problems? Will I end up with two males?

dantodd
03/31/2006, 12:16 PM
In theory you will end up with one female, who is already there, one male and one non-sexed juvenile. In practice you are most likely to end up with 2 live fish and one dead fish unless the tank is big enough for the odd-fish-out to find cover.

SEAFLOWERS
03/31/2006, 02:35 PM
My question is if you wanted them to pair up why get a third clown to begin with? Just adds another variable to the mix that wasn't needed.

Mercer
03/31/2006, 07:08 PM
Well, one is only here for a few days. He's more or less a rental from a friend. He will only be here for another week or so...

The two that I added will be permanent residents.

dantodd
03/31/2006, 09:00 PM
no problem then as long as she doesn't chase them down mercilessly. They aren't likely to try and pair up that quickly.