PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use these guys? - aquariumlights

SaltyNovice
04/01/2006, 09:49 AM
Have any of you guys bought lights from this guy on E-bay. I've been trying to get questions answered from him by email and I've asked for a telephone number so I could talk to him - that was over a week ago. And I'm not getting the kind of response I want from him. If I'm going to spend 700 to 1000 dollars with someone - I'd like to be able to know they are going to respond. So far he hasn't. So - any one dealt with these guys "aquariumlights" and if you did what did you think about the experience? Lights? Costumer Service?

Thanks for your help in advance

orlenz
04/01/2006, 11:47 AM
I have dealt with him, and got the same type of treatment, if you want to buy somthing no questions asked hes okay, but if you have questions or need support forget about it.

SaltyNovice
04/01/2006, 09:30 PM
^^

katpurdy
04/03/2006, 06:34 AM
read through the feedback, it seems he is notorious for sending "cheap" bulbs, rather than the german that he advertises...his shipping is also expensive.

Bathypelagic
04/03/2006, 07:02 AM
Aquarium Lights, also known as AquaUniverse, also known as Catalina Aquarium, there is a reason they are so cheap.

Fl_seagull
04/03/2006, 07:43 AM
Also known as pet supply liquidators. Bad experience with them.

Ten33
04/03/2006, 09:22 AM
They sent me Catalina brand bulbs with my T5 fixture, definately not German as they usually advertise in their auctions. Decent quality fixture at best. They also did not send me parts such as the legs and acrylic shield advertised. It was a hassle to get those items sent to me. I would suggest looking elsewhere....

SaltyNovice
04/03/2006, 10:57 AM
If it sounds to good to be true - It probably _________!!!!

Thanks guys :D

So any suggestions as to where and what to put on my 120 gal (60x18x26) that will not limit me toooo much!!!:rolleyes:

SaltyNovice

Bathypelagic
04/03/2006, 11:01 AM
I had a friend that purchased one of their PC hoods. It came with of course the China made Catalina bulbs, and these two cheap little one dollar fans. Within the first week both fans started squealing. He called and asked for replacement fans as this was suppose to have their ever famous 5 year warranty. Their reply, "Of course we'll send you out some free fans, just let us ding you $10.00 for shipping."