PDA

View Full Version : Finally setup my 55g - Question about Readings

Schmoner
04/02/2006, 09:25 AM
Hi,

Well, I've finally got my 55g setup and running. first an foremost, thank-you to everyone for your help and support along the way, it's very much appreciated.

My current setup

55g FOWLR
AquaC Remora
TetraTec EX1200 Canister filter. (willremove BioBalls and bio filter in a few weeks, to run RowaPhos, and Carbon)
44lbs L/R (Will add a further 11lbs)
20lbs L/S
1 x Maxijet 600lph
2x Eheim 650 lph

It took me around three days from start to finish to fill the tank, but from day one i've had L/R and L/S in there.

I'm a bit confused about my readings:

Temp 78.3
Ph 8.2
Ammonia <0.25
Nitrites 0.5
Nitrates 10

Should I not have spiked by now? the Live Rock was bought online and shipped, so went at least 12hrs in shipping, it wasvery well packed though. but surely there should have been more die-off?

I've tested with Salifert test kits as so many people recommend them.

Can anyone shed any light on why I'm not getting any spikes?

Thanks as Always

Adrian
04/02/2006, 12:59 PM
If the rock was cured you may not get a big cycle, ie the levels may not get really high before dropping. I wouldnt worry about it, once the levels have dropped to zero you should be good to go. HTH

bertoni
04/02/2006, 02:38 PM
I agree. I suspect the live rock was clean, which is good.

Schmoner
04/02/2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks Guys,

Looks like I found a pretty good online vendor then?

Hopefully, I wont see too much of a spike when I add my second installment of L/R.

angelsj247
04/02/2006, 03:10 PM
seems fine just keep testing and wait til everything reads 0

Swanwillow
04/02/2006, 04:38 PM
you got more of a spike than I did when I got my live rock online.

after the ammonia hits 0, you may want to add a tiny pinch of flake food to get the bacteria to really take off. just a TINY bit though. it'll also help ready your tank for fish.

otherwise, GREAT!!!