PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Euroreef skimmer.

SaltyMember
04/03/2006, 07:16 AM
I have a Euroreef ES-3 skimmer and every other day or so the skimmer exhaust tube (part with the sponge) seems to overflow. Water pours out the top and the bubble production in the skimmer body stops. When this happens it produces no skimmate. I checked and cleaned the pump but there wasn't any obstruction. I do notice that if I run warm water through the air intake tube it seems to correct the problem. But, it does not last long. Anyone familiar with this type of problem? Anything I can do to preven this?
thanks

RicksReefs
04/03/2006, 07:37 AM
sounds like the sponge needs cleaning.

bjdrake
04/03/2006, 08:13 AM
It sounds like the air intake is clogged to me. I use a drill bit without a drill to clean mine. It may appear to be unobstructed by blowing air through the line. When you try inserting something with the same diameter there is usually a buildup at the bottom.

SaltyMember
04/03/2006, 08:32 AM
okay, so I must have missed the air intake blockage. I will try the drill bit.
thanks

sm fragman
04/03/2006, 09:14 AM
it is salt creep and what not in the hole just clean it out good mine goes the same thing ,,like bjdrake said use a small drill bit works like a charm

SaltyMember
04/04/2006, 06:53 PM
Just to follow-up, I checked the air intake and there was only a pin hole left for air to get through. You guys were right. I used the drill bit and I am good as new.
thanks

sm fragman
04/06/2006, 11:37 AM
good ,,i just took apart mine and cleaned it out as well it is amazzing how cloged they can get