PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new tank thread

eileen611
04/03/2006, 04:35 PM
Hi all.

I bought a used 150g tank off of a local RC member in order to give a home to a friend's Lunare wrasse (named Roger Wrasse), which is in his quarantine tank on probation for knocking over coral frags. Anyway, it's a HEAVY tank. I have it set up with a ASM protein skimmer G3 and is currently filling with RO/DI water. I just put sand in and my live rock, which have been curing for the past month in the basement.

I plan to have mostly a FOWLR and perhaps an anenome and a few coral once the tank matures a bit. I have a 72-inch Ocean Light T5 system on order an entire water treatment plant setup in my basement.

Can't really see my rocks right now because it's looking like a milkshake in there with the sand all stirred up from repositioning the rocks. It had finally cleared up when I shook it all up again.

So far it is pretty exciting. Lots to research, read, and learn, especially patience. My two dogs aren't sure what to make of it all.

Eileen

One Eyed Bunny
04/03/2006, 04:40 PM
Well, it seems you've got a bit of a journey ahead of you. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully if any questions arise one or more of us can give you some advice and constructive criticism.

eileen611
04/03/2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks One Eyed Bunny! I'm sure I'll be back with questions and learning a lot more. What have I gotten myself into?!

Eileen