PDA

View Full Version : nassarius and feather duster

fredflinstone
04/04/2006, 10:34 AM
I have 3 nassarius snails and one hawaii feather duster. The nassarius snails are always around the feather duster and moving it or trying to pull it I think. Will the nassarius snails pick on the feather dusters? Will they be ok?

Regards,
PraKash

bertoni
04/04/2006, 07:56 PM
If they're really Nassarius vibex, they shouldn't harm the duster. Can you post some closeups of the snails? They might not be Nassarius.

fredflinstone
04/05/2006, 11:39 AM
The feather duster lost its head. Lack of phytoplankton. I read another thread in here where you were asking about the photo stuffs. Did you find out as to how much to feed? I have like a 55 gallon tank.

fredflinstone
04/08/2006, 01:14 PM
Hey Bertoni, I have uploaded the image in my gallery. Please look at the image and let me know if thats the snail. Also the worm was out and now I dont even see him. Does this mean he is dead?

bertoni
04/08/2006, 01:37 PM
The worm might be moving around looking for a better home. I would feed DT's every day, preferably with a drip, building up to a dose that the tank can process.

That might be N. vibex. You'd need to get a sharp closeup, including one of the shell opening with the animal retracted.

fredflinstone
04/15/2006, 07:51 PM
Bertoni,

The snail goes deep under and am not able to get that closeup that you have been asking for. However, I recently added a small colored crab and the nassarius snaill was all over him and he was hardly able to move. I have to move the sail away. can you point me to a site which can tell me the difference between the good nassarius snail and the bad one?

bertoni
04/15/2006, 09:33 PM
You don't have a Nassarius vibex. It's some sort of predatory whelk, most likely. There are so many kinds of snails that identifying them really takes an expert. You could try in the invertebrate forum.