PDA

View Full Version : All-glass Heater ????

xlayedoutx
04/06/2006, 12:59 AM
OK so my question is does anybody have any experince with them. Are they good or bad. I brought one today and just wanted to see what everybody thought.

JS_racer
04/06/2006, 05:51 AM
temp setting on mine is way off. 73 on the heater or so is 80. Also they are glass, so they can crack or break. about 3 months on my 300w.

horkn
04/06/2006, 08:14 AM
it is the same as a theo heater.

its a great heater, although on my theo, the temp adjustment knob was way off. i have it at "72", and it was 80 degrees...

chinsk
11/12/2006, 11:19 AM
I am having a similar issue with my All-Glass heater. I was worrying I got a dud but obviously I am not alone.

I am a little hesitant to disassemble mine because I know I will wind up snapping something off. Has anyone attempted to "recallibrate" that knob? For me 77-78 is the knob turned all the way down, so basically my lowest temp is around 77 maybe. Kind of frustrating, would like the ability to go all the way down to 71 like labeled on the heater itself.

kimboslice
11/12/2006, 01:38 PM
hello, then what are good heaters??? arent they all glass?? sorry im a beginner

roktsintst
11/12/2006, 03:07 PM
I had a glass heater in my SPS tank blow up in my sump and start to smoke!!!!! Needless to say i only have titanium heaters now. So far, they work great!!

T Man
11/12/2006, 05:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8530596#post8530596 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by roktsintst
I had a glass heater in my SPS tank blow up in my sump and start to smoke!!!!! Needless to say i only have titanium heaters now. So far, they work great!!
The same thing happened to me and I will never put a glass heater in my tank again, it's titainium or nothing. T

pjf
11/12/2006, 05:40 PM
I also had a Theo heater blow up in my refugium sump. When I installed it, I noticed that it tended to float to the surface with the hot end sticking out of the water.

Apparently, when I went on vacation, its suction cups came loose and it floated to the surface, overheated and burst. I had glass fragments sticking to the inside of my sump cabinet. Luckily, the GFI circuit cut off all power to the heater and pumps.

The problem with the Theo is that it floats. Submersible heaters should sink and stay submerged.