PDA

View Full Version : Need some mexican turbos

jmccown
04/06/2006, 05:41 AM
I recently made a mistake and bought the wrong type of snails for algae. I was looking for something to keep my glass clean on my tank and bought Nassarius snails. Well, I figured out real quick they didn't do much about the algae on the glass, they are substrate snails...that's about all they do. I done some more research and found that Mexican turbos are what I need for the glass. Does anyone know a good place to pick these lil buggers up or does anyone have too many that they would like to get rid of some? I've been looking around and they are a little harder to find. With my schedule I'm rarely home and when I am I have to look at algae covered glass, so I'm always magneting (if that's a word) my glass...and we all know that can be a pain. Any advice is much appreciated. Oh, and if there is something that is better than mexican turbos please let me know. I have looked at a couple of tiger cowries, but don't know if they are reef safe or if they would even be detrimental to the riddance of algae.

Thanks,
Jason

essop3
04/06/2006, 07:10 AM
Barry had some in yesterday.

firefish2020
04/06/2006, 10:14 AM
Cowries are something you should stay away from if you have a reef.

Reef4Fun
04/06/2006, 10:55 AM
I have so many turbos, I would be more than happy to trade some for your Nassarius snails. Turbos do a great job, but I bought 25 of them because they were discounted at that amount, and at the time my tank was pure green. They had it cleaned up in about 2 days. I now have about 15 because I gave my sister-in-law some and traded others. I dont know how many you want but I use half of these in my 120 and the others in my 45. I really dont need them in the 45, so I have about 1/2 dozen I could trade you. Let me know.
Nancy

Reef4Fun
04/06/2006, 10:58 AM
Oh, one other suggestion. I bought one of those magnet cleaners for my 120 and I would never go without one again. I love it.

jmccown
04/06/2006, 11:36 AM
Sounds good to me. How can we make the swap?