PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new little fishies!

EvilMel
04/06/2006, 09:30 AM
I got these off the guy in the West TN Club who was selling off all his stuff. They are freshly acclimated so I am hoping they do really well. There are copepods all over my glass constantly (been about 2 years since I had a mandarin, who died of old age), so I am hopeful.

Not the best pic, but you know...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/EvilMel77/IMG_1319.jpg

LeftCoast
04/06/2006, 10:35 AM
Such cute little mandarins. I'm assuming it's a male/female pair.

EvilMel
04/06/2006, 11:55 AM
Hi Zack, yes they are a male and female. You can actually see their fins/fin spikes in the picture.

They are a mated pair that a guy in west Tn sold to me. He said he had seen them doing the "mating dance". They sure do seem to like each other a lot too. They keep staying in very close proximity to each other. They moved from the spot in the picture to another area of the tank and they stayed right next to each other the entire time. But it doesn't look the least bit aggressive. I've seen two mandarins fighting and it's obvious! So I am pretty excited about them.

Pandarian
04/06/2006, 11:55 AM
Thats my manadrin pair! :lol: very nice pair Mel. They will love that new tank. Congrats on the new house too!

gflat65
04/06/2006, 12:00 PM
Cool. I've always wanted to pair up some mandarins in my pod farm;). if you can catch the dance on tape, let us know. I want to see it:).

EvilMel
04/06/2006, 12:33 PM
It is now officially MY MANDARIN PAIR Donny! hah hah. I can't believe that someone didn't buy them before I had a chance, but I am so happy that I ended up with them.

I don't have a video camera except on my digital camera so if I see them doing the dance I probably won't be able to get it on tape (but I will try!).

Oh and Donny, in another thread you asked if I was staying out west...yeah I am. We are moving to a subdivision called Gallaher Station, which is really close to where Westland and Gallaher View intersect. If you turn onto Gallaher View from Westland it's the second or third street on the right.

turboex901
04/06/2006, 04:32 PM
mel, im glad they made it! thankyou for providing them a great home. keep me posted on their status from time to time :) <~~steve

EvilMel
04/06/2006, 05:52 PM
I totally will!

Chris_Campbell
04/06/2006, 07:03 PM
oh no more fishies for her to fatten up hehehe

Fishboy42
04/06/2006, 07:33 PM
Looks like a nice pair. With all that rock and those pods, I'm sure they'll be very happy, and it's great that you were able to get them from a fellow reefer. I'd like to see the "dance" too if you can ever catch it. I'm sure it won't be too long!

EvilMel
04/06/2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah well...you know Matt...I decided a good while ago to not buy fish from stores. I have only been getting fish from other reefers for a good while. So this fits well with that idea.

Yes Chris...this is two more fish for me to fatten up. You shoulda seen my mandarin I had a long time ago. It was a freaking fat little sausage of a fish (and I still saw tons of pods on my glass all the time). I am very excited (as you can tell from me posting pictures of fish, which I NEVER do).

LeftCoast
04/06/2006, 09:11 PM
:lol: Ah...good ol' sausage jokes.

gflat65
04/07/2006, 06:00 AM
It's nice when they turn sideways and have 5-7 fat rolls:). Mine never even skipped a beat when I did a RB treatment.

Stinky2426
04/07/2006, 10:01 PM
Very nice looking pair, I hope I can grow enough copepods to have one

Chris_Campbell
04/08/2006, 03:37 PM
hehe they are gorgeous thats for sure! Hopefully someday I'll make it to the point of sporting a pair of my very own :D