PDA

View Full Version : smallish tanks for sale

dad300
04/07/2006, 05:20 PM
Hey all,
due to a increasing intolerance of the stinging I get when moving rock around I need to let go of some equipment that I purchased for future frag tanks.
I cannot risk the potential growth of a serious reaction.
since the last move one of my hands swelled enough that I thought that I was going to have to go in and have my wedding ring removed. Each time I get in and move rock around for any length of time I get swelling in one hand or the other.. and each time it gets worse. this.....
I have two 20 gal talls for sale and two 10 gals for sale.
NOT drilled. the 20's are suitable for frag tanks/ and or sumps.
the ten gals I would use for frags or qt's. one of the 10's was used for anoles.
make me a reasonable offer.
I may have more equipment available in the future.(pumps heaters etc.)
I'm not getting out and I most likely will be upgrading in the relativley near future to a larger tank. (looking at a 90) but the plans I had to have my hands in tanks all the time won't be happening.. thus the tanks are available. Cash is preferred but would consider trades.
this is in Bangor MAINE
thanks
Kevin

jacksonsmom25
04/07/2006, 08:11 PM
Im looking for a 50watt heater, cheap...so keep me in mind when you go throu your equipment.

megan

Laverna
04/07/2006, 10:01 PM
When available, would you please send me your list of equipment for sale?

Thanks! Sissy

spotfin
04/08/2006, 11:05 AM
Kevin,
Can you wear gloves when you are moving stuff around in your tanks? There is another thread from not too long ago about aquarium gloves, arm length.

dad300
04/08/2006, 06:26 PM
the day to day stuff doesn't seem to bother but... moving rock and or extended periods of time does. not a problem to have a tank but I was gearing up to have a large coral farm... I can't have my hands dealing with that much all the time. I was planning on going into the wholesale end of coral farming... Won't be happening. I want to be around to see my grandkids. (My kids are still young! :) ) the doctor is concerned about possible anaphylactic shock down the road. I was very concerned this past week. I spent almost a week with swollen hands to where I could not bend my index finger and almost had my wedding band removed surgically. My personal tank is not going anywhere. just the frag tanks etc.

spotfin
04/09/2006, 03:58 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better.

smtarr
04/13/2006, 08:54 AM
Sorry to hear of your what seems like some kind of allergy. I have one finger that swells when I move rock around and service my powerheads. I wasn't concerned till now. Thought it was just a local reaction to something. I'm a nurse and never gave it a thought that things could progress from local to systemic. Will be using my sturdy 'Playtex' gloves from now on when servicing my tanks. I have to use them when I get near my anemones and hammer coral. I have gotten 'stung' no fun. I only plan the 2 tanks one FOWLR and one mixed garden reef. And my assorted FOWLR tanks for my clowns etc. If you decide to get rid of larger drilled tank let me know. I'd like a drilled tank for my fancy goldfish. Would make maintainance easier. Sue

dad300
04/13/2006, 01:50 PM
yeah its a pain.. but i'm glad it's taking its time to develop. At least I can make some choices. I will probably have some dry rock available soon as well. The new house is getting cleared up and I'm getting into some of the other boxes of stuff and will make decisions on what I keep and what I don't. Keep your eyes peeled. Some equipment will be up shortly.