PDA

View Full Version : Getting Shocked By New Mag Drive 18

web104tv
04/08/2006, 02:01 AM
I just received my Dana mag drive 18 and I shipped for two day delivery because I needed it ASAP, and not it jolts me with electrical shocks everytime I put my hand in the sump water. What can be done about this? I'm plugged into GFI outlets.

MarineDepot
04/11/2006, 01:30 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your post, this does happen from time to time with just about any pump. To rid yourself of any stray electric charge I would recommend that you pick up a titanium ground probe found via this link http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=TA1111
This will solve this problem and it worked great for my tank.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Walter
Marine Depot Customer Service
www.marinedepot.com
customercare@marinedepot.com

Jaffo_botz
04/12/2006, 05:43 PM
Contact Danner direct (www.pondmaster.com) and they will replace under warranty.

Ground probe will eliminate the nice zap you get...but you don't want a pump in your system that is leaking voltage. Plus your tanks inhabitants will not appreciate the voltage....even with a ground....trust me, I have a scarred 12yr old Emp Angel from a Mag36 that was leaking voltage....in my case, caused serious HLLE issues until the I found the cause and received a corrected Mag36 which was covered under warranty.

Danner has great customer service...