PDA

View Full Version : BEST Skimmer money can buy????

halideman
04/09/2006, 01:51 AM
hello

Um this probly sounds like a stupid question and im not intending on buying this but just curious wat skimmer is the most advanced and the most magnificant out there on the market.. dosent matter how Ridiculously deer just give me something phenomenal..

thnx again

dattack
04/09/2006, 03:15 AM
I guess bubble king skimmers with their efficient pumps.

mcegelsk
04/09/2006, 12:54 PM
1. Bubble King
2. Deltec
3. H&S

Period.

xtrstangx
04/09/2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Deltecs and Bubble Kings.

orlenz
04/09/2006, 01:31 PM
these are some extreme skimmers.

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/7897/cid/1993

BeanAnimal
04/09/2006, 01:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7143286#post7143286 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcegelsk
1. Bubble King
2. Deltec
3. H&S

Period.

Pretty definative statement without a shred of supporting evidence :)

"money can buy" means a lot of things.

Are we talking efficiency per gram of protein removed? Are we talking about the types of protiens removed?

You sure could be a lot of "cheap" skimmers for the price of one bubble king. That little army of cheap skimmers may outperform the one large skimmer. Then again for the price of the BK you could buy ONE HUGE industrial model.

Have fun....

moonpod
04/09/2006, 01:58 PM
The "best" depends on your setup constraints. IMO for the "size" a BK can't be beat. However there ARE other solutions. The army of little skimmer analoghy is inane because that army takes up too much space generates too much heat and requires too much maintenance.

If you do not have space limitations then some of the industrial models with wet necks and spraydown optionms are the way to go. With moderate space a large deltec with the selfcleaning head is tough to beat as a combo of skimming performance and low maintenance. BKs are great for packing together great skimming power in the smallest package possible with extremely low electrical consumption, extremely low heat transdfer and silence.

Becketts are a "brute force" approach, but I have yet to see commercially offered units with niceties like wet necks and selfcleaning.

reefnewbie54321
04/09/2006, 03:51 PM
I dont want to start a debate about the most effecient skimmer or the best skimmer for your dollar so I will put it this way. If could choose any skimmer and get it for free I would choose ....

http://www.deltecusa.us/proteinskimmers/ap1006.php

not to mention some one would have to be paying my electricty bill

if I had to pay the lectric bill then I would go with a Bubble King

ReefSalt
04/09/2006, 04:07 PM
"For me" the best skimmer I bought due to construction,performance and price I would have to say my H&S A300-3X1260