PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Reef Fanatic e-ballast

elephen
04/10/2006, 06:27 PM
So I think I'm correct but tell me if I'm wrong.

Best way to wire would be strip wires, solder them together, shrink wrap them and then I used electrical tape to run along the 3 wires so they are all together.

That the best way?

nanoreef58
04/10/2006, 06:43 PM
very good on the connections except I always use a teflon type sleeving over the wires, rather than taping them together (just looks nicer) but taping them is good also

xtrstangx
04/10/2006, 06:50 PM
Let me know how they look with the Reeflux's. I'm probably going to order mine at the end of this week.

Sounds like they are connected OK.

Fast Fred
04/10/2006, 06:52 PM
Personally, I use solderless connectors (insulated crimps). They are like the ones that people use when installing a stereo in a car. After crimping them, I coat them with liquid electrical tape. Heat shrink is also an option instead of liquid tape, or, can be use in conjunction with it. I personally would never trust a solder joint for anything greater than 50 volts.

nanoreef58
04/10/2006, 07:58 PM
IMHO after 30+ yrs of electrical/electronics experience a well soldered joint, will surpass a butt splice any day of the week, I have seen to many bad butt splices, bad wire nut connections over the years, though the connection is only as good as the person making the connection, fact though still remains all the super high voltage connections in your tv are soldered and surpass 50v just my 2 cents worth