PDA

View Full Version : Yellow watchman Gobie

Grinch245
04/11/2006, 09:44 PM
I was just wondering if they all hide all day and night long? He never comes out not even close to comming out. Is this Odd are all they all HIdy mc hidertons? He has been in the tank for about a week. Any other Gobies do this trick also?
thanks Ryan

cardgenius
04/12/2006, 01:53 AM
He is probably getting used to his new surroundings. You might add a pistol shrimp to help him out.

The steven liu
04/12/2006, 07:15 AM
mine never shows its face unless I am feeding. It is completely normal for them to hide all day and all night long. You can add a pistol shrimp however the chances of them pairing up in captivity is very slim. I know someone who has 11 pistol shrimps in his 180G and non has paired up to any of his gobies.

Blazer88
04/12/2006, 07:47 AM
I'm surprised to hear that about the difficulty in pairing. I have three gobies and they have all paired up with random pistols just fine. My Yasha Haze (avatar) has paired up with two (first one died in rock slide) different Tiger shrimps and is always laying out on the sand viewable all day long. My nano has a pair of Hi Fin's who paired with a Candystripe pistol even though they were added at different times. They are also always out on the sand and the shrimp comes out quite frequently. I think it depends on their tank mates and how aggressive they are. My Yasha was really shy until I gave away my Coral Beauty since she would chase him.