PDA

View Full Version : Fire Clownfish

liv4speed1
04/12/2006, 03:34 PM
I have one of these guys (Amphiprion ephippium) that's still a juv (the very small white band is still on the top of it's "head"). For the past month i've been looking at getting the little misses a partner, but they're really hard to get locally.

I would like to order another Fire clownfish, and am thus asking for help. Can anyone give a good reputable site that has them? I have seen them for sale on a couple sites, but more often than not it's either a stock photo or a photo of a Cinnamon/Tomato (or what I believe to be a photo of one). A lot of sites even have them with a seperate species name. I'm just looking to get my hands on another juv that I can hopefully see before I buy, so I am assured at what I am purchasing.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Nagel
04/12/2006, 05:32 PM
I know that Ithaca Reef (http://www.ithacareef.com/) has fire clowns that are captive bred. I picked up my pair from them at a NJRC meeting. I do not know if they would ship, but its worth asking for. You know for sure that they are captive bred fire clowns..

liv4speed1
04/13/2006, 12:57 PM
*Bit of a late response on my part*

Thank you for the tip. I'll look into the store a bit more and hopefully can work smething out with them ;)